Didn’t write much this year. Mostly because it was a crazy year, and an exhausting one. My dad survived, as I probably mentioned, which is great. Work was hugely challenging almost nonstop all year. The kids were great. Growing like crazy – not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
We went to Tahoe at the end of the snowy season, which was a really nice trip. Read all of Dragon Ball & all the available English-translated Doraemon. Also Whistle. All of which were really good.
I went to a swim meet for the first time in 20+ years.
The kids were super into Pokemon Go, Let’s Go, and Sword.
We went to Russian River. Twice. Wicked Slush is delicious.
We got the entire backyard redone, basically from the ground up.
We went to Oahu, and stayed in Ko Olina. Hung out with the Kimizukas for Thanksgiving. Went back to Kailua. Ate at Boots & Kimo’s. Snorkeled with the kids & played in the waves. My favorite vacation, ever, to date.
So here we are at the end of the year. Lots of good things, but overall, too much work, not enough life. Something I need to change in 2020.
- Sleep better. My new formula is: In bed by 11. Blue-blocking glasses on at 9. No food after 8. No drink after 9.
- Release the thing we’re working on. My hope is that by the end of the year, we’ve helped 10,000+ people.
- I spend lots of quality time with the kids, fully-engaged with them, and not just perpetually exhausted from work.
- Cook more interesting things.
- Develop a physically-active hobby of some sort.